Wednesday, 4 April 2012


Stepping Hill: Police recategorise another patient's death

The male nurse arrested by detectives investigating the poisoning of patients at Stepping Hill hospital has been named as Victorino Chua.

Beryl Hope, 70, died last August at the Stepping Hill hospital in Stockport after being poisoned by products contaminated with insulin.

It was initially thought she had died of natural causes but detectives have said they have now “recategorised” her case following a thorough review with medical specialists earlier this week.

But officers have said while they believe she was the victim of sabotage it is not known to what extent the poisoning contributed to her death.

The announcement takes to 22 the number of people believed to have been deliberately poisoned at the hospital.

Three of those, Tracey Arden, 44, Arnold Lancaster, 71, and Derek Weaver, 83, are being investigated as murder. ...

The deaths of Bill Dickson, 82, Linda McDonagh, 60, and John Beeley, 73, are also being examined after police said it was believed they were also the victims of poisoning.

They are among 18 other cases currently being investigated as offences of Grievous Bodily Harm.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "It is now believed Beryl Hope, 70, who died in August 2011, was poisoned by products contaminated with insulin.

"It is not known whether the poisoning contributed to her death.

"Detectives are continuing to investigate and review the cases of 21 other patients.” ...

Filipino-born nurse Victorino Chua, 46, was arrested in January on suspicion of tampering with medical records at the hospital and was subsequently arrested on suspicion of three counts of murder and 18 counts of causing grievous bodily harm.


I think that the PTB within the Hospital and Police FORCE new it was probably one of their immigrant workers but chose instead to arrest Rebecca Leighton and publicise her arrest to throw suspicion away from Victorino Chua or other suspected immigrant workers.

"Another Stepping Hill nurse, Rebecca Leighton, 28, from Stockport, spent six weeks in jail after being held over allegations she had tampered with the saline bags.

She was then released and cleared of any wrongdoing last September when prosecutors said there was not enough evidence against her, but she was subsequently sacked over allegations concerning the theft of drugs."

She should sue the Trust and Police for wrongful arrest and unfair dismissal as their is NO evidence of any wrong doing. If she was stealing drugs the Trust would have had her arrested and charged by now.

No comments: